Monday, August 22, 2011

A Whirlwind of a Week!

Let me see if I can get this straight, so much has happened this week. The plumbers were here, the tub is in place. The house is now in the drythe roofing boards are down. The windows came on Thursday, so the opening were cut The electrician attached the outlet boxes and pulled the wires. The insulation was put in place and the windows were installed. Plumbers returned and installed all the pipes in the new section.

Today the roofers arrived bright and early this morning to start removing the shingles on the older section of the house in order  to complete the roofing of the entire house. Hopefully tomorrow I will have pictures of a new roof, or at least part of a roof.

Mom and Sheri came for a visit for a couple of days, so they could see the progress of Mom's space. We so enjoyed their company. I think Mom is getting excited about the changes. It makes it a little easier when you can see in person the work that is being done. Pictures just tell part of the story.

In the meantime piecing continues on my Apple Spice Quilt.  When we last visited, I had completed my four patches then I sewed them to the tan blocks like this and then pressedeach block , two of these blocks were then sewn together making this block.This block was then sewn to three other blocks making this block Now this block was paired with this block And the quilt top now looks like this On to the borders next. Now when I say it has been a whirlwind of a week, I guess you see what I mean........