Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A couple of Quilts finished - And the Sub Floor is Down

Builders arrived Tuesday morning to do some trim up work and lay a plastic barrier on the ground which will soon be under the house. Lumber was to arrive later in the afternoon, so I took the opportunity to work on a couple of quilts. One of the borders on this quilt was sewn incorrectly, can you tell which one? And of course I had already quilted and bound the quilt before I took a picture. Once I looked through the camera, I knew immediately that something was majorly wrong. OH NO! I had much unsewing to do......I'm no quitter, and just so you will know this about me, this is what the quilt looks like now...Much better!

I also finished a quilt we've been working on this year at our Piecemakers Quilt Group. This was to be a "Make Do Quilt". Meaning when you run out of one particular fabric find a different fabic to use in its place. I'm not sure you can see the different fabrics, you might just have to take my word for it, but they are in there. Also, I had planned to use the brown for the setting triangles, but didn't have enough fabric so I made do and used the red instead. And I love the outcome.




Builders arrived early Wednesday morning to work on the sub floor and they completed their task. The temperature was 104 when they finished for the day. It is now 107 and still rising. More lumber arrived this afternoon for tomorrows work.











No comments: