Thursday, August 4, 2011

Then They Raised The Walls

Thursday was full of surprises! Builders arrived bright and early this morning, the temperatures were half way descent today with a low of 74 and a high of 91. I could get use to these temperatures. Builders worked up a storm today, I mean literally worked up a storm! We received rain today........ We so need rain. Even with the rain the Builders accomplished so much today.
They raised the walls Molly was closely supervising the project. While the Builders worked the day away, I worked on sewing a quilt back for my second "Quilt Along Quilt"
I have told my friends for many years I am a committed quilter, I think some of them are starting to nod their head in agreement. They are starting to think I need to be committed. One wasn't enough I had to do two. Here is a closer look. It is different from the finished quilt I showed you yesterday, and I got this one right the first time. However you can see I took my on advice and I took a picture before I put it on the quilt frame. I hope to share the quilt back with you tomorrow. While taking this picture I got another surprise My Surprise Lilies are blooming. My daughter Shellie gave these bulbs to me 15 years ago and I am always surprised each year when they come up. You see Surprise Lilies put the leaves on in the Spring around April and all you get at that time are the green leaves. The leaves die in May or June and then in August you get the surprise of the Lilies popping up on leafless stems. If you look close you will see a Butterfly on the flower on the left. As I took another pictures the Butterfly moved just as I snapped the picture The leaves you see in the garden are a ground cover called Vinca Minor they have a small blue flower in the spring.

While I was sewing on my Quilt back George took the opportunity to cut some more of the Hickory Tree that is down in the side yard.   Can't wait to see what gets accomplished tomorrow.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Just checking to see if my comment section is working.

Jenni said...

Where have I been. Mamaws house is going up great! Can't wait to come visit......just need to figure out a good time I guess. Finally getting settled in to my new job! Keep the posts coming I thought you gave up on the blog world for a while!

Jenni said...

Where I have I been the house is going up so fast. Can't wait to come visit. Just need to figure out a time. Finally getting settled in my new job. Keep the post coming. I thought you gave up on the blog world for awhile there. Much love!