Sunday, August 7, 2011

Debi's Journey



I led a Mystery Quilt Journey in 2010 at  Piecemakers Quilt Group, in Clinton, AR. Each month I would give instructions for the blocks each person was to make if they wished to come along on this quilt making journey. I was hoping to give the group an opportunity to experiment with many different blocks and techniques. I told the group how many quilt blocks to make and what size block to make, but left the block and the fabric choices up to each individual. The only information I gave about fabric was to be mindful of using value throughout their quilt blocks. After ten months of making blocks, I gave them a Country Sampler layout. In July we all brought our quilts to our meeting for a picture opportunity. I thought you might like to see the end results of our journey.       

No comments: